Saturday, January 27, 2018

Another winning week ... TSLA traitor notwithstanding ...

The NDX trade won again, now 12 for 13 (92.3%) winners. And for some reason volatility was up a bit this week (even though the market remained at record highs), so I received:

  • $2.54 (34.05%)
  • $2.51 (33.51%)
  • $2.00 (25%)
That's over $500 profit on 2 contracts of this trade ...

Now to TSLA:


This is the Gigafactory, where Tesla makes batteries at scale, hoping to bring the price per unit down.
But on Thursday from CNBC, some employees leaked:


Tesla employees say to expect more Model 3 delays, citing inexperienced workers, manual assembly of batteries


I had sold the 340 put and the 352.50 call, and so when I saw this:


... around 11a.m. Friday I went ahead and closed the put spread for a small loss.
But as you can see from the chart, if I'd held on I could have made full profit on this
trade as the price recovered over $340 just before the close.

Profit I would have made: $0.59 / $1.91 = 30.8%!

Another small mistake to get over with during the test phase for this one ... but officially the TSLA trade is now 3 for 3: 100%!

More next week ...

No comments:

Post a Comment