Saturday, October 26, 2019

Weekly update: some real results this time (+16.09% this month!); continued automation challenges

I have set up a small account starting around October 1 where I have been doing:


  • short oil trades (selling calls in /CL)
  • some of Navigation Trading's trades, especially the "Iron Duck:"

No, not like that. Like this:


Maximum risk on the upside is $5 (i.e. $500) since the strikes are 3015 and 3010 ... but since this trade returns $6 (i.e $600) credit, your "max loss" on the upside is a gain of $100.

These have been working great, for earnings trades and otherwise ... my intuitive sense of these said they should win 95% or so of the time, and the Navigation guy said as much in his video update ... some user of his who's been doing this a lot has won 40 of 42, he said.

Anyway, my real results since October 1:

+16.09%

Interested? You can subscribe! (But: past performance is no guarantee of future results, as we've discussed before.)

Update on the automation project: nothing new ... waiting on T.D. Ameritrade to tell me about their FIX deal, but no response yet. Also waiting on Vela Trading to tell me the price of their Execution Gateway or whatever else they have that will work for us ... 

Getting impatient on this, but trading my small account until then ... More next week!




1 comment: