Saturday, December 7, 2019

OPEC tries to manipulate oil upward; Qualified and non-qualified investors: a guide

The OPEC ministers met the past couple of days and agreed to cut production ... but nobody is sure for how long.

Oil was up this past week:


But /CL (based on West Texas crude) closed at $59.07, still well short of the $63 call I recommended selling 2 weeks ago. The recent movement in oil has been highly correlated with the Crazy Up Stock Market ...

And once again, whatever OPEC tries to do, they can't work against the declining price of solar electricity!



Until I tried to start getting approval from financial regulators FINRA and NFA, I wasn't very aware of the definition of "qualified investor" and of the restrictions placed on dealing with the "non-qualified."

My original idea was to charge for performance, but I found that's against regulation for non-qualified investors. So I eventually came up with a subscription plan that charges a flat fee regardless of performance. This was OK with NFA.

I'm reminded of a sign that used to be in one of my favorite local restaurants:

No Maximum. Spend as much as you like!


My target market all along has been those who want to retire but who don't have the money to do so in this ongoing low-interest-rate environment. But I'm wide open to also dealing with qualified investors, as well as:

  • Those wanting extra income to retire student debt
  • One willing to invest $25000 to build it into a college fund for a young person
  • Somebody wanting to accumulate capital for anticipated upcoming medical expenses
  • Or for anybody else!
So just be clear: the minimum is $25,000 but there's no maximum investment. Let's talk!

More next week ...


No comments:

Post a Comment