Sunday, November 17, 2019

I passed the "series 3" exam; ready for subscribers! (Oil market is still sort of behaving ...)

As regular readers know, I've been talking about a subscription service I am starting. I should have one or two subscribers signed up this coming week. (Don't be left out!)

The good news is that I just passed the FINRA Series 3 exam, which is the final requirement I had to satisfy to qualify for the NFA Commodity Trading Advisor designation.


As for my short oil strategy, it's hanging in there  ... the technical analysts talk about resistance, which certainly looks like what's happening around $57.80 ... fine if it would stay there or bounce down a bit. I am still not showing a profit on the short $60 call but the short $49.50 put is making up the difference and more.

My plan is to sell 2 calls to 1 put when I have a larger account to work with, and this experience certainly tells me I need to go out a bid wider on the call side!


The rest of the market continued what it's been doing: going pretty much straight up. This works fine for Navigation Trading's Iron Duck ... but not for anything with risk on the upside.


More next week ...

No comments:

Post a Comment