Friday, June 14, 2019

No mistakes this week but annoying market continues; hope in Fed meeting?

I didn't make any goofs like last week, but the market continued Way Too Up for my short SPX call spread and SPY butterfly.


The short call strike on my SPX iron condor is at 2870 ...

This all started when the market interpreted remarks by Jerome Powell and other Fed Governors that they were ready to cut rates.

But there are plenty of dissenters with this view ... I mean, rates are still at rock bottom in historical terms ... And in any event the market has been very poor at predicting interest rates.

So: hope springs eternal for the S&P 500 trades. Otherwise I have on: TSLA, LYFT, QQQ and IWM ... all of which are showing profits but TSLA, and it's still $10+ below the short strike at $225. So I have expectation that all of these will come in for full profit (25% of butterfly credits, 50% of Iron Condors) over the next week or so.

I'll send another update then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment