Sunday, June 2, 2019

I gave up on being short too early!

I have been trading "neutral" trades that pay off when the market stays within a certain range for the selected period:

But Mr. Anti-Neutral came back with his latest wacky tariff proposal this week:


And the market responded as though it wasn't thrilled:


I've been using about 30 days for these neutral trades and that will be about 1/2 over tomorrow.
Tastytrade research has been promoting the idea of "rolling" (closing and reopening further out in time) these trades, profit or loss after half the time is gone. Right now (based on the futures prices Sunday evening PDT as I'm writing this that I will be showing losses in all of my neutral trades as of tomorrow a.m. ... but I'm going to close them and reestablish in either event.

Also this past week: 3 winning earnings trades (all "defined risk" Iron Condors):



Good news in an otherwise annoying week.

More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment