Saturday, May 25, 2019

A good week: up 8% or so

Butterflies continue to pay off ...


That's IWM, SPY and QQQ ... just one-lot "iron fly" trades for the moment. Basically:


  • Sell 1 put and 1 call at the money
  • Buy 1 put and 1 call right at the .10 delta
... Take the trade off when you've achieved 1/4 of the credit ... in this case about $250 in SPY, $160 in QQQ, a bit over $125 for IWM. Not bad for around 8 days (typical) time in this trade.

I also have a TSLA trade on ... I skipped the main part of its recent price swoon (in my own account, though I had this on in one of my client accounts, unfortunately) after this analyst remark:


Tesla shares could drop to $10 in a worst-case scenario, Morgan Stanley says


Elon Musk says not so ... and I doubt it too. But it's below $200 and I'm willing to bet it won't go below $170 for the next 3 weeks ...

I also have a LYFT trade on that looks to be working ... LYFT just has not to swoon or soar for the next couple of weeks also.

Finally, I did one earnings trade that worked very well:

I just did a 1 standard deviation short strangle for a nice credit: $2.66 ... and I got a bonus on closing it! I had the standard 50% set for closing out price: $1.33 ... but I actually got filled at $0.95 ... more like 65% of the credit. Wahoo!

More next week ...

No comments:

Post a Comment