Friday, April 19, 2019

Earnings season continues; leaving money on the table ... /ES futures update

Earnings season went into overdrive this week ... unfortunately I left money on the table on Monday:

First, one good thing happened early Monday:


I sold 4 Iron Condors on Friday and they were down 50% by Monday and closed out for a $100 profit (on about $900 of risk). I wish I'd sold 40 of them!

I made only one earnings trade: JNJ (a small winner) and then got distracted and left several other possible ones without pulling the trigger.

Two losers on Tuesday, CSX and BK ... both small losses (just under $100 and just over $100), fortunately. The 8 other earnings plays I did this week all won.

This was also the week we get to do the Fabulous NDX trade, which I sold for $559 (a one-lot) ... and on this one you get to keep all of it (minus a smidgen of commissions) when it expires worthless the next morning ... which happened as expected this time on Thursday a.m., since the Friday market was closed for Good Friday.

As far as the /ES, it's been zooming back and forth:


If it will just keep from zooming up I can continue to sell puts ... like the $925 batch (of two) I sold on Wednesday, expiring Friday the 26th ...

More next week ...





No comments:

Post a Comment