Saturday, April 27, 2019

/ES continues its non-cooperation ... a couple of earnings losses illustrate a nuance

The S&P futures continued to be a drag for anybody short:

I continue to sell puts and wait for a pullback. *sigh*

I had a mixed week trading earnings, with one too-big loss, MMM:

I sold a 5-wide Iron Condor for 28 cents ... and had to buy it back the next day for $3.50. This was for 5 contracts, so that's a $1610 loss. Ouch!

I sold only 4 different underlyings that day:

EW
TXN
FB
MMM

... so taking $2000 in risk in MMM was too much, clearly.

There are at least 11 good ones available on Monday so I'm going to revise my strategy to going down to take the minimal risk I can in each and only then possibly scale up in a couple of the most volatile (and therefore lucrative) when I get that done.

3 of the earnings for next week ... more then!





No comments:

Post a Comment