Sunday, December 16, 2018

Short /ES futures trade continues to pay off

The news this week once again seemed to be a drag on the stock market:

Huawei CFO who was arrested in Canada

And of course, "men of the year":


Overall this was great for anyone short /ES:


I closed out the futures butterfly trades I had on: wheat, soybeans and corn.

For some reason corn (/ZC) kept from showing a profit on an (adjusted) butterfly trade until about 1 week until expiration, and even then I think I took a small loss getting out of it. The other two "softs" behaved normally and actually I made an $800+ profit on the wheat trade.

Coming up is "expiration week" where the NDX a.m. settlement 1-day trade is available. So I'm planning to put the pedal down on this one, since it's the one trade I have not only research but a ton of personal experience with ... 

More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment