Sunday, December 9, 2018

A much better week in the trading trenches, due to short /ES futures well timed ...

The fake trade truce of last weekend briefly spiked the market, but when the /ES futures reached 2806 I shorted them, and from there (this is the last two weeks' chart):




I'm also short the 2580 /ES put expiring Friday the 14th (for which I got $1200 credit!). I am very willing to roll this one down further if this level is breached.

Meanwhile, the 4-day NDX trade is on probation ... I put in another small one (25-wide wings, $2270 or so at risk). Unlike last week, I put in an order to get out with 40% of the credit, and that got filled early Tuesday a.m. That's very fortunate, as the NDX graphic looks almost identical to the one above.

But I was short the 6750 puts ... I received $270 in credit and cashed out $108 of this ... which would have turned into a loss of the whole amount at risk, since the Friday close was at 6613!

I think I'll just try a 4-day QQQ trade with 5-wide wings until I can get some backtesting done on NDX for this one.

Also, in a couple of small accounts I'm trading, I am trying the 'Tastytrade method': start at 45 DTE and take only 1/2 the credit ... (I'm also putting in the Fabulous NDX trade in all accounts > $5000  coming up for a.m settlement on the 21st.) Those tiny trades (just CMG and TSLA) are still 40 days away from expiration and in no danger of breaching anything ...

I'm surprised this took so long: Trump-inspired volatility. But I'm happy to be able to trade on it!

More next week ....




No comments:

Post a Comment