Saturday, December 9, 2017

Another mixed week ... NDX trade now 5 for 6, /ES suffers again

It's now looking like the 91.7% results were on target; 5 for 6 is 83.3%  ... Actually I was girding myself for a loss this past week:

... as my short call was at 6370. But the trade is marked not on the opening but after all 100 of the NDX 100 stocks open, and marked under the symbol NDS. That squeaked in:

and all 4 legs expired worthless, as a good Iron Condor is supposed to. I sold the spread for $1.77, which is a 21.5% return ....

On the short /ES trade: bleah! Here's the 5-day chart:

I did pay back to myself the extra $750 I had put in to meet a margin call last week. But then I got too excited during Wednesday's market dip and sold another 1 contract. The bounce straight up from there leaves me with $18009.09 of the $28134 or so I started with. Splut!

I started by just leaving the 3rd contract without selling a put against it, so I'd get the complete benefit of any further market meltdown. Not so ... I finally sold that 3rd put on Friday with 2 others, thinking I could get $1000 credit per week to make it back (assuming the market would just stop going up!)

But no: I'm in margin call again so will have to close that third /ES short contract and put pair ... but maybe not until close on Monday so I get all weekend plus Monday's theta ...

We'll see .... More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment