Monday, February 18, 2019

NDS mystery solved: new ticker symbol XQO

For some reason, the NDX a.m. settlement value, ticker symbol NDS, hadn't been updated since December .. what was happening?

I received an update from the Tastyworks tradedesk on this: CBOE is no longer involved with NDX, it's strictly Nasdaq, and they've given the settlement value a new ticker symbol:

XQO

Good to know ... it's value from last Friday was just far enough inside the short NDX strike (7075) to pretty much eat up my entire profit ... I got a $4.85 credit (i.e. $485), and since the XQO closing value was 7079.35, that takes up $435 of my potential profit ... leaving me with exactly $50.

Better than last month, but not what I was visualizing.

However, back to our new friend the earnings trades ... we'll have to see if 17 in a row is an outlier  or typical before we can figure out how profitable this will be over time ...

More this weekend ...

No comments:

Post a Comment