Saturday, April 7, 2018

OK, up 4% this week ... and implications if we can do this regularly (I think so!)

I am sticking to the plan I posted last week; this week I put on SPX .10 delta iron condors Monday, Wednesday and Friday and an AMZN one on Monday too.

The SPX trades expiring Friday and Monday looked a little scary until this happened Thursday afternoon:


This kept the SPX from getting too close to my short strikes (2685 for Monday) ... AMZN also was down into the wide open spaces just north of 1400.

So overall the biggest account I'm trading was up 4% for the week. I'm just getting started with this system, but I firmly believe that this can work 90% or more of the time. (I've done 4 of these so far: all winners.)

If this works 10 weeks in a row, that's a 48% from the starting point; I'm visualizing that!

And the implication if one can do this regularly: $200000 is plenty to retire in style on. If you're taking 1/3 ($66666.67) and you make 12 to 15% on that  a week (easily doable with current volatility), that's ... $8000 to $10000. Take $6000 of that, save the other $2000 to $4000 against losses ... that's $25K per month.

Enjoy!



More next week ...

No comments:

Post a Comment