Friday, April 27, 2018

$30-wide wings and .10/.08 delta short strikes work magic again

I stuck to the revised system this week and once again had all winners (so far -- SPX trades expiring Monday 4/30 and Wednesday 5/2 are still alive).


The market went almost nowhere (net) after bouncing around like mad:

The accounts I am trading were up about 4% again this week, and I still haven't lost one of these trades.

Let's go back to our friend the Kelly Criterion ... I got $2.15, $2.95 and $2.75 on the $30-wide spreads this week. This is 7.71%, 10.90% and 10.09%. Averaging these three gives 9.567%. Plugging this into the Kelly Criterion assuming 95% wins:


So half that would be 21% ... not far from the 15% in our system. I'll keep watch on this and possibly boost the amount at risk on each trade based on revised statistics. But I think I'm going to stick with this system without any more tweaks through the end of May.

That's it for this week ... I started a new day job this past Monday, so my next move:





No comments:

Post a Comment