Friday, February 14, 2020

Interactive Brokers *finally* unstuck; projecting up about 10% this coming week

I finally got my final problem resolved with Interactive Brokers,  a "known bug" that I reported and the phone support person said he would escalate it, which apparently happened. IB support called me reporting the problem fixed just after noon.

This was just after I spoke with T.D. Ameritrade:

Their API looks as if it does all I need and in an initial phone call today they told me that they would allow me to trade customer accounts with my NFA CTA credential. (I was trading various other accounts for some years but they shut this down about 2 years ago.)

But IB came through at the last minute, and in any event TD Ameritrade has agreed to be acquired by Schwab.

I am set up as a beta tester whenever Tastyworks gets their API ready for beta, but for the moment I am focusing on IB.

My plan for this coming week:

  • Dynamic Covered Strangle on /ES on  Sunday afternoon the 16th, expiration Wednesday 2/19
  • Dynamic Covered Strangle on /ES on Wednesday expiration Friday 2/21
This should return close to 10% on the $12500 account I'm trading.

As this account grows I'll add other underlyings: Gold (/GC), Oil (/CL), Natural Gas (/NG) and others ..

I'll have the report next Friday night and will send out an email report also to those of you who have signed up (and some who haven't!)

More then ...






No comments:

Post a Comment