Friday, November 23, 2018

Dancing with the one (NDX) that brung me, maybe?

I settled on the a.m. settled NDX trade earlier this year as the only trade I'd need to do. But the 4-day NDX p.m. settled one (at .08 short delta) is now 3 for 3 and should win in the 90% range or better, I think.



I tested one again this week, and an acid test it was, with the market sharply down Monday and Tuesday:


The down move finally paused on Wednesday and I should really have taken the trade off for 90% of its profit, but I missed that opportunity and just let it run through expiration Friday, where it expired worthless with plenty of room left (short 6400 puts; closed at 6527). Profit was $1176 on a risk of $13824: 8.5% for 4 days. Not bad!

Otherwise ... I closed out the /ES short positions after the market hit 2655 ... I thought that was enough of  a down move and I didn't want to lose $100 point when it started to go up. But I was early! I left $2000 on the table and it was down 17 again on Friday closing at 2632 ... so I certainly could have held on for a while longer.

It wasn't anything to do with Brexit, but AAPL:

Finally, the Golden Butterfly paid off handsomely:

Gold futures went nowhere after I put the trade on last Sunday evening ... Tastyworks still doesn't support Good 'Til Cancelled orders, which worked to my benefit on this one. I sold the spread for $10.20 and would have bought it back for $7.65 (1/4 of the credit for this kind of trade), but by the time I looked at it was down in the $5.50 range and I got it filled for $5.60, almost double what I was expecting.

Overall a great week for the good guys ... your $200,000 account was up another $15000!

More next week ...

No comments:

Post a Comment